4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2009 10:21 AM by jluca

Send Email in a IE7

jluca

Title

Send Email in a IE7

Can you send an email out using the script email out in IE7??  If so please let me know who to do it???

Thanks

• 1. Re: Send Email in a IE7
          TSGal

jluca:

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can use a Send Mail script step in Instant Web Publishing.  However, you can only send the email through a SMTP server.  Create a script with the Send Mail script step, and then attach that to a button that can be accessed in Instant Web Publishing.

If you need clarification for the above steps, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Send Email in a IE7
            jluca

Ok but I have a problem with smpt.    I enter the correct information under specify  with name, email address, reply address and a outgoing smpt server.  We don't use ssl.   I double check this information and look to be correct.       

The problem is getting an error saying "The connection was refused by smtp server."

We use a pop3 and hosting party is network solution

Thanks for you time

• 3. Re: Send Email in a IE7
              TSGal

jluca:

Thank you for the information.

I'm not familiar with pop3 nor hosting party, so I can't help you there.

In FileMaker Pro, pull down the File menu and select "Send Mail".  For "Send via:", select "SMTP Server".  Enter your Name, Email Address and Reply-To Email Address as a test.  Enter the name of the SMTP server (smtp.pop3.com?) and verify the correct port.  You'll have to check with the SMTP server if SSL or authentication is required.  In the "To:" field, enter your email address, for Subject enter "Test", and for Message enter "Test".  Click OK and see if it sends.  If it doesn't send, then you'll need to recheck your SMTP settings until it sends properly.  Once it does, then transfer those settings to the script step.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Send Email in a IE7
                jluca

Got it to work!!!!

Look like my smpt setting were off

Thank for the help:manhappy: