4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2014 9:53 AM by doughemi

Send Event Question

doughemi

Title

Send Event Question

I found Script example for MAC or Windows that makes a directory using Command line or AppleScript on the forum, but when I try to enter the line

• Send Event [ open document/application; "cmd.exe /C MKDIR " & Quote ( $desktopUse & $dirName & "\\" ) ]
      •      
      •  

I get

Send Event [<unknown>; "dosc"; "misc"; "open document/application; "cmd.exe /C MKDIR " & Quote ( $desktopUse & $dirName & "\\" )"] 

in FMA 12 Script Editor.  I tried it as text, and as a calculation using a field, and still get the <unknown>; "dosc"; "misc"; bit.

What am I doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Send Event Question
          philmodjunk

When you clicked "specify", what options did you select in the dialog that then opened?

• 2. Re: Send Event Question
            doughemi

I tried both Calculation and Script Text.  

For text, I used the text "open document/application; "cmd.exe /C MKDIR " & Quote ( $desktopUse & $dirName & "\\" )".

For the calculation, I entered the field name where I had the text

"open document/application; \"cmd.exe /C MKDIR \" & Quote ( $desktopUse & $dirName & "\\" )"]

both with and without the delimiters before the quotes in the "cmd.exe..." part.

• 3. Re: Send Event Question
              philmodjunk

You need to use the calculation option, not text.

You would not enter a field name, but enter "cmd.exe /C MKDIR " & Quote ( $desktopUse & $dirName & "\\" ) as the calculation after selecting open document/application from the drop down menu:

• 4. Re: Send Event Question
                doughemi

Thanks, Phil.  I still had a little trouble until I realized that I was building this xplat solution on a Mac (the dialogs were different).  Once I opened the file in Windows, things looked the same as in your screen shots, and I could create the script step properly.