4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2013 10:54 AM by DermotCoyle

Send Mail formatting issues

DermotCoyle

Title

Send Mail formatting issues

Hi Folks,

Im trying to format the text in send mail to start each paragraph at the very left of the page.  It isnt quite working as it seems to be starting some paragraphs a few spaces to the right and it just looks terrible.

Here is the text as depicted in the send mail message section:-

"Dear " & Case ( ENQUIRYLINE::Email Customer_Builder = "Customer"; enquiryline_ENQUIRY::Contact Name ; enquiryline_ENQUIRY::Builder Contact ) & "¶" &

"Thank you for your recent enquiry.  Please find attached a copy of the quotation we have prepared:¶¶

Schedule No :" &  ENQUIRYLINE::PDF Report & ".¶¶

Your schedule has been prepared by our Engineer " &  ENQUIRYLINE::Engineer & " , should you have any technical queries regarding your quotation.¶¶
           To find out what our customers think of the technical department at the Keystone Group and to help us improve as a department, we have created a quick customer satisfaction survey that should take no more than 2-3 minutes of your time to complete.  If there is anything else you would like to add please feel free to email the technical department at technical@companyname.com and let us know about your recent experience.¶¶

Please click on the link below to leave your feedback.¶¶

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/tester¶¶

Kind Regards¶¶" &

ENQUIRYLINE::Engineer & "¶¶
           Technical Email : technical@companyname.com
           technical@companyname.com

As you can see, the above is all left aligned but for some reason when it creates the email its appears as below ... Basically all over the place !!

Dear Peter

Thank you for your recent enquiry.  Please find attached a copy of the quotation we have prepared:

Schedule No :1136_builder_project_KEY1136L1_to_KEY1136L3.

Your schedule has been prepared by our Engineer Dermot , should you have any technical queries regarding your quotation.

To find out what our customers think of the technical department at the company name and to help us improve as a department, we have created a quick customer satisfaction survey that should take no more than 2-3 minutes of your time to complete.  If there is anything else you would like to add please feel free to email the technical department at technical@companyname.com and let us know about your recent experience.

Please click on the link below to leave your feedback.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/tester

Kind Regards

Dermot

Technical Email : technical@companyname.com

www.companyname.co.uk

Folks, How do I ensure its left aligned ? ..... any help here would be greatly appreciated !! ..

Thanks

Dermot

• 1. Re: Send Mail formatting issues
          philmodjunk

You seem to have some missing quotation marks and ampersands (&). I suspect that you have some space characters after the ¶¶ that double spaces your text and starts a new line. Such spaces, because they are enclosed in your quotations marks, are then spacing your text further to the right than it looks like you should get. If you go back to the original thread where I posted an example for this, you'll find those quotes and ampersands that I suggested that you are missing from your version.

• 2. Re: Send Mail formatting issues
            DermotCoyle

Thanks PhilModJunk,

Could you tell me where to get that original thread & example?

Thanks

Dermot

• 3. Re: Send Mail formatting issues
              philmodjunk

Since this was a thread originated by you, you should be able to click the magnifying glass next to "search the forum" and use advanced search options to find all threads authored by you. Make sure you use Dermot Coyle with the same capitalization to find your records.

But I'll include a sample of what I was referring to here just by editing what you have in this thread. Changes are shown in red:

"Dear " & Case ( ENQUIRYLINE::Email Customer_Builder = "Customer"; enquiryline_ENQUIRY::Contact Name ; enquiryline_ENQUIRY::Builder Contact ) & "¶" &

"Thank you for your recent enquiry.  Please find attached a copy of the quotation we have prepared:¶¶" &

"Schedule No :" &  ENQUIRYLINE::PDF Report & ".¶¶" &

• 4. Re: Send Mail formatting issues
                DermotCoyle

Ooops sorry, I thought you meant a different example from another thread !!

Anyway, your advice has solved the problem .. I just needed to remove all the spaces after the occurances of

Thanks very much for your help !

Regards

Dermot