0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2012 9:12 AM by WillLoving

Send Mail in FMP 12 inserting odd line breaks

WillLoving

Title

Send Mail in FMP 12 inserting odd line breaks

I have a small TimeKeeper database that I've used going through all versions of FM from at least 7 forward. I have a script which send an email to a customer which uses a calculation field for the Body Text of the email. I use the Send Mail script step to send this email which immediately goes into the OutBox in my copy of MS Entourage 2008. This has worked properly for many years.

Upon converting this file to FileMaker Pro 12 format, the text of the emails is now oddly broken up with extra line breaks inserted at seemingly random points but usually after the first few words of a paragraph, and then repeatedly throughout the text. For example, the correct appearance of the text has in the past and should be now:

MyGreatSoftware Registration Code: NNN-333-YYY-WWW-AAA-999
      Customer Number: 10235
      Customer Name: Continental Drift, Inc.
      Customer Email: pangeia@continentaldrift.org

But now appears as:

MyGreatSoftware Registration 
      Code: NNN-333-YYY-WWW-AAA-999
      Customer Number: 10235
      Customer Name: Continental
      Drift, Inc.
      Customer Email:
      pangeia@continentaldrift.org

Similarly, a short paragraph like this:

IMPORTANT NOTE: When installing FileMaker Server, you will be prompted to enter a username and password for accessing FileMaker Servers Admin Console. Be sure to write these down as they will be required later.

Gets changed to this:

IMPORTANT NOTE: When installing FileMaker
      Server, you will be prompted to enter a username and password for accessing
      FileMaker Servers Admin Console. Be sure to write these down as they will be required later.

With the line breaks as noted.

The line breaks are not consistent in terms of how many characters in they appear on each line, at least not as far as i can tell. My only guess is that something has changed in FM Pro 12 with how FM communicates with external applications like Entourage for sending mail. What looks like is happening is that the email is getting broken up every X number of characters with a line feed. Looking at past emails sent with FMP 11 and earlier, there are line feeds, but not at random points...