1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 25, 2009 2:55 PM by TSGal

Send Mail script in IWP

Aegi

Title

Send Mail script in IWP

I'd like to create a button that allows the user to send an email from the Instant Web Published version of my database. When I select "Indicate web compatibility" in the Button Setup dialog, Send Mail is not greyed out. But in the Help file it states that the Send Mail script is not supported in web publishing. So which is it? I've created the button and when I click on it in both the FMP and published versions it activates my email application (Entourage 12.2.1) but does not open a compose new mail window. "Perform without dialog" is not selected in the Button Setup.

I'm running FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 on Mac OS X 10.5.8. 

• 1. Re: Send Mail script in IWP
          TSGal

Aegi:

Thank you for your post.

Yes, "Send Mail" is available through Instant Web Publishing, but only through SMTP Server; not through the email client.

Pull down the Scripts menu and select "Manage Scripts...".  Select the script that is causing the problem, or create a new script.  At the bottom of the script steps, change the pop-up under Show compatibility to read "Web Publishing".  Double-click on "Send Mail", and you will see on the right side:

Send Mail [ Send via E-mail Client (NOT COMPATIBLE) )

Therefore, you need to change the "Send via" from E-mail client to SMTP Server.

If you need clarification for any of the above steps, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.