2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2013 11:42 AM by truhill

Send Mail script/ outlook AND multiple sub-summary reports based on the same table

gc123

Title

Send Mail script/ outlook AND multiple sub-summary reports based on the same table

Hi,

I have a couple of queries about a multi-user, multi-table database I am setting up. I am using FMP 9, and a fairly new user as you may be able to tell!

I have set up a couple of different scripts for sending multiple personalized emails to the contacts in my database (my email client is Microsoft office outlook). I have read the advice under the topic "How can I avoid the Windows XP alert when sending mail via a Send Mail script?" but my problem is slightly different. In the script, I have selected "perform without dialog" and I am sure that yesterday when I ran the script it sent all the email messages to my draft folder without the alert popping up. Today when I ran the script, I got the alert box for each individual email. So my question is, does the situation of all the emails going to my draft folder sound plausible and if so how would I recreate this, or was it just a weird fluke?

Secondly, I have multiple sub-summary reports based on one table and they are all sorted in different ways. Is it a bad idea to create a new table occurence to base each report on so that I do not have to keep resorting the records, or would you recommend removing the reports from the layout menu and linking to them through a button which runs a sorting script?

Many thanks!