AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sending email from Portal

Question asked by john.s on Jul 6, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 8, 2014 by john.s

Title

Sending email from Portal

I'm trying to send an email from a layout with multiple portals and could really use some help...I thought I was starting to get the hang of FM but this has me stumped.

I've attached a screenshot with the table relationships.

I have a Layout based on Schools with a Portal to “self join table” Schools | Select Active | Non Active.  The Portal is used to select a school and “button set up” goes to related record for that school using the current layout…

Three other portals each to Join_School_Sports table…one for each sports season…

Portals create a record for each sport selected to be covered for the school.

At the beginning of each sports season after creating the sports to be covered for the school I want to send an email to the Athletic Director to confirm the sports. 

I have a button for each season that will run a script to send the email.  I pass a script parameter with the _pk_SchoolCode and the Season.  I can’t figure out how to pull the name and email address for the Athletic Director out of the SchoolStaff table (field with Position = “Athletic Dir”  or how to pull the Sports Names for that school out of the SportsTeams table for each corresponding record in the Join_Schools_Sports table.

Screen_Shot_2014-07-06_at_8.14.03_AM.png

Outcomes