2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2015 7:45 PM by keithstehlik

Sending email with SMTP Server

keithstehlik

Title

Sending email with SMTP Server

I am having a problem with a script that sends an email using SMTP Server. The setting in Filemaker Server Console are correct, it sending me emails. I have a server-side script that sends out emails every night. I am trying to create a script, using the same SMTP Server settings for Filemaker Go 14 that will send out an email. I get a popup when I run the script the states "Email(s) could not be sent successfully". This happens when running with Filemaker Go 14 and full clients both 13 & 14. 

I am running Filemaker Server 13 right now and the script was written in Filemaker 14 if that matters

Thanks

Keith

• 1. Re: Sending email with SMTP Server
          philmodjunk

I am trying to create a script, using the same SMTP Server settings for Filemaker Go 14 that will send out an email.

Can you describe in detail exactly what you mean by that? Can't figure out what role FileMaker Go plays in your issue.

• 2. Re: Sending email with SMTP Server
            keithstehlik

Phil

I am trying to create a script that will send an email when using filemaker go. I need to have the script use smtp server and not an email client since these moblie device will not have one. I was get the error "Email(s) could not be sent successfully" when running it.

The trouble was with the email server. Corporate needs to open the ability to send an email that way thru the ipaddress. They did this with the machine my filemaker server is running on.

I solved the problem by using the Perform Script on Server. When it runs the script the email go out fine.

Thanks for looking at this

Keith