7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2013 4:30 PM by MikeProcopio

Sending Group Emails

MikeProcopio

Title

Sending Group Emails

I have a simple solution thnat tracks clients that attend classes. I have a client table, an event table and a client participation table. I want to send emails to everyone in a certain event how would I go about doing that? Thanks

• 1. Re: Sending Group Emails
          philmodjunk

Perform a find for all client records that are linked to the specified event

Use send mail to send out an email and specify the "multiple emails, one for each record in the found set" option.

This can be done manually or in a script.

• 2. Re: Sending Group Emails
            MikeProcopio

If I script it is there a way to set it where it is linked to a specific event or do I have to list each event?

• 3. Re: Sending Group Emails
              philmodjunk

Can you explain what you mean by that in a bit more detail? Try saying that again withou using "it".wink

• 4. Re: Sending Group Emails
                MikeProcopio

Haha I didnt say the dreadful words that you hate that it wont do something lol. OK I built a layout that I can do a search for a specific class. Here is my question is there a way to set the script that sends 1 email with all of the emails in a found set in the BCC portion of an email or does it have to send an individual email for all found members in the set?

• 5. Re: Sending Group Emails
                  MikeProcopio

Phil I think I got it, I selected the wrong button when they asked me about sending one or multiple emails.

• 6. Re: Sending Group Emails
                    philmodjunk

Yes, you can build a delmitted list of emails in the BCC box. There's are calcualtion and also a field option you can use with the BCC box. How you get that list depends both on the design of your database, the "TO Context" at the time Send Mail executes and what delimtter character (usually the semi colon) your client email expects as the delimitter.

Also be aware that many ISP's set limits on how many emails you can send out in one go or in a given time interval.

• 7. Re: Sending Group Emails
                      MikeProcopio

I understand. I have these online workshops where I have maybe 20-25 coaches. I'd like something where I can send a group email to them about passwords, links, or maybe a PDF or something. This way it gather instead of me having to copy paste everything.

I'm not building anything elaborate like the scouting database, just want to keep track of who attends the classes adn such