AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sending Letter to Multiple Records

Question asked by Annette on Apr 23, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2014 by FentonJones

Title

Sending Letter to Multiple Records

Hi,

I was wondering if I could be pointed in the right direction. 

I have a database with various reports.  What I would like to do is when someone runs a particular report to be able to select multiple recipients to send letters to. 

I have placed a tick box on the report which when I tick it simply places a "1" in the field.  My thought was that you run the report, select which of the found records you want to send a letter to then select the letter.  I have a global field that shows a value list with all the letter titles (I have a letter template table), the user would tick the records from the report, select the letter from the drop down and it would go to the layout finding that letter.  Where my idea fails me, is I'm not sure how do I get it to find those I ticked.  Does the button running the script to go to the letter have to run the original find from the report all over again with a loop to look for the records with the "1" in that tick box field?  Then I was gonna add a button that when they close the letter it clears the tick box field for all those records.  Am I on the right path or is there an easier / better way?  I'm going to need to do this in multiple different areas of the database so I want to get it right. 

Thanks in advance for any help/advice offered.

Outcomes