2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2012 12:12 PM by bookman

Sending Multiple emails re: collect addresses across found set

bookman

Title

Sending Multiple emails re: collect addresses across found set

I made the mistake of checking "collect addresses across found set." I sent 3 emails, same message to three recipients and they all got three emails. Why would one choose "collect addresses across found set? 

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Sending Multiple emails re: collect addresses across found set
          philmodjunk

To send out one email to multiple recipients. You use a find, Go To Related records or other means to control which records are in your found set and then send out one email to all recipients. Whether the email they see is identical or personalized to include data from your database that is different for each recipient will depend on what details you specify in the Send Mail dialog.

• 2. Re: Sending Multiple emails re: collect addresses across found set
            bookman
             Hi Phill, I apologize for not responding sooner to your reply back on the 4th. I got the answer I needed since your reply. I already knew how to send an email to multiple recipients, I just wanted to know why and when I would choose to click on "collect addresses across set." I also ran into this warning. Important  Use For each message, collect addresses across found set with caution because it can generate a lot of email messages. For example, if your found set contains 10 records and you specified a field that contains a single email address in each record, 100 email messages would be generated. Each email address will receive 10 emails. Thank you for your reply.