3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2011 9:30 AM by philmodjunk

Sending pictures

k.hoornweg

Title

Sending pictures

I' m running a script that sends pictures by email. These pictures are stored on our server (not within filemaker) In order to avoid sending emails without attachement I want filemaker to warn when there is not pictures found on the server Should i use an errorcode? If so, which code?

• 1. Re: Sending pictures
          philmodjunk

What does the script you are using to send the picture files look like? The code you include to attach the picture file likely contains a path variable where you may be able to test the value of the path to warn the user that no picture was found.

• 2. Re: Sending pictures
            k.hoornweg

The script indeed includes a path variable (location where to find the picture (JPG) on the server).

E.g. I want to email a picture of itemnumber 12345

By script the itemnumber is filled in in a global field <GL_article>

In that case the path variable is filewin://server1/products/" & GL_article &".jpg"

It might occur that the picture of itemnumber 12345 is not available on the server

In that case I need a warning that the picture does not excist to avoid sending an email without an attachment.

In addition to this I would like to know which plugin i should use to send this email directly by Microsof Outlook without confirmation.

• 3. Re: Sending pictures
              philmodjunk

There are plug ins that list the contents of a specified directory. I'd be inclined to use such a plug in and check to see if "12345.jpg" is present in that list before attempting to send the email.

It's my understanding that FileMaker 11v3 can send email via MS Outlook without using a plug in. Not sure what you mean by "without confirmation".