AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sessions and setting up compulsary fields

Question asked by RezaAzmi on Oct 12, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Sessions and setting up compulsary fields

I am going to tackle these tasks soon and wanted to hear from the FM community how they would tackle the following problems.

SESSIONS

The scenario is a PRODUCER > DESIGNATIONS > CONTACTS

I have three layouts and each are completed seperately as the information required is too much for the portals.

Is there a smart solution (for a newbie with minimal scripting experience) for allowing a user to complete the PRODUCER info, then clink a button to jump to DESIGNATIONS completes this, then CONTACTS and then return back to the original PRODUCER record.

I thought it would be good to have a SESSIONS variable of sorts, so that at every stage key ID can be passed. How would this work in FM?

COMPULSORY FIELDS

I have a series of tables where some fields should be completed, but not necessary when the record is created. I need a way of managing this so that I know which tables remain incomplete and requires attention.

I can see FM allows for data validation but this seems to apply only when the record is created.

My simple solution was to add a new field "complete or incomplete" so it acts as a check. I can then find all instances where this field remains "incomplete".

Anyone has any advice how this might be tackled?

Thanks in advance!

Reza

Outcomes