1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2012 10:36 AM by philmodjunk

Set Checkbox using a script

JeffAbuya

Title

Set Checkbox using a script

This may be a no brainer, but I need help with setting a checkbox using a script.

I am duplicating a record that has a few fields with checkboxes and during this duplication I want one of these checkbox fields to automatically have a check in it for the new record. Hope this makes sense..

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Jeff

• 1. Re: Set Checkbox using a script
          philmodjunk

IF you want one and only one check box selected in the field. Use Set Field to set the value for that check box just as though this were a simple text field.

If you need to select more than one check box or you need to add that selection without losing the data already selected, you'll need to use a more sophisticated expression.

This script step selects "new Record" while not losing any other values already selected in the field:

Set Field [yourTable::yourcheckboxField ; List ( YourTable::YourCheckboxField ; "New Record" ) ]

If there's a chance that "new record" might already be selected, you can keep the data in this field a bit cleaner (you won't see any difference unless you inspect the field without any check box formatting):

Set Field [ YourTable::yourcheckboxField ; If ( IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( YourTable::YourCheckboxField ; "New Record" ) ) ;
                                                                                            List ( YourTable::YourCheckboxField ; "New Record" ) ;
                                                                                            YourTable::YourCheckboxField) ]

This expression avoids appending a second instance "new value" if it is already selected.