2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2013 8:21 AM by tays01s

Set field appears frozen

tays01s

Title

Set field appears frozen

I have a relationship: Patient < Calc < Prescription with portals on Patient layout for Calc and Prescription. There's a select button in Calc portal, so that when a 'calc' is selected, only the related precriptions populate the Prescription portal:

Set field[Patient::Calc_n; Calc::CalcID]

However, this only works for the first Calc record; it won't change if I add more. I can see this because the Patient::Calc_n changes when I select different Calc record in the portal, but Calc::CalcID remains the same.

Ideas?

• 1. Re: Set field appears frozen
          philmodjunk

This typically happens when something interferes and causes the script to "lose" the focus on the specific portal row record where you clicked the button. Then the reference to Calc::CalcID is to the "first" related record--which will be the first portal row in an unsorted, unfiltered portal to the same table occurrence.

Most likely suspect is a commit records step--either a preceding script step in the button's script or in a script trigger performed script that gets performed prior to the button's script being performed.

• 2. Re: Set field appears frozen
            tays01s

I found that I'd wrongly set field by 'CalcID' rather than 'Calc_n'; stupid error.

Useful to see your info though for when a 'freeze' does happen.