3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2009 7:49 PM by magnetic

Set Sliding/Printing doesn't work with mix of graphic

magnetic

Title

Set Sliding/Printing doesn't work with mix of graphic & text fields

Have been trying to solve this for hours.  

I have a database regarding plants.  Current Layout prints plant label info in 4 columns.  Each line has a graphic (in container field) and descriptive text. ie pic of the sun and details of conditions for growth.  There are 13 lines of information, some records have info in only 4 lines, some in all fields.

Problem is that the sliding/printing option doesn't always work.  I've read all the help and forum info.  Have checked every field is aligned top and left.  Every field is set to slide up (not reduce enclosing part - cause of fixed graphic size).  There are no extra lines or spaces, and I always check in preview mode, no portals involved.  I can't use merge fields because of the graphics.

Would be grateful for any help.

Jacqui

• 1. Re: Set Sliding/Printing doesn't work with mix of graphic & text fields
          philmodjunk

Make sure your fields don't overlap each other by even one pixel--this may be invisible to the eye on some layout. Try temporarly increasing the space between any fields where this might be a problem.

Second thing to check: Do you see a difference in how things slide for you if you change the slide option from "only above" to "all above" or vice versa?

• 2. Re: Set Sliding/Printing doesn't work with mix of graphic & text fields
            magnetic

Thanks for taking time to help me with this.

Have checked each line is separated by at least 2 pixels from bottom of previous line, have increased the space even more, but it doesn't make a difference.  More than 5 pixels of space separates all horizontal fields.

It is the Graphics which don't slide correctly.  Most graphics are 25 pixels hi. The associated text caters for 2 lines in 11pt, and the field is 27 pixels deep. This text must stay aligned horizontally with the graphic.  Where data uses only 1 line, the text associated with the next graphic slides up.  That messes up the display, so all text fields have "all above" option. 

The graphic doesn't slide after an empty field, whether the "all above" or "direct" option is chosen.  Results are the same in both cases.  There are only 3 lines which always have data (Sun, water & soil).  Graphic & text sliding works only directly after these fields.  There are also 2 lines with 4 fields (Height and Width), each has graphic, height, graphic and width data, which sometimes have data.  The lines following these never slide up if they are empty.

• 3. Re: Set Sliding/Printing doesn't work with mix of graphic & text fields
              magnetic

Solved the problem.  Solution was supplied by "raybaudi ", Message titled: "Re: sliding picure boxes and scaling   [ New ]", dated: "13-45-2009 02:45 AM".

I had aligned everything, to the top and left, thinking that the info panel showing the top and left buttons checked was sufficient.  What I failed to check, was the "Format Menu", Graphic Alignment.  I've now changed them all to top and left, and all the sliding works perfectly.

Thanks so much, to all you experts who spend a lot of time helping out us newbies. 

Jacqui