Set Variable Performance Hit
First off here are some details of my current setup environment:
FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v1
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
- FileMaker Server 10
- 24 Databases
- 67 Average Connected Users
- Majority of clients connected through Citrix Xenapp
I currently have a button that performs a script that does the following:
- Based on a "access level" variable in another database, it performs different finds.
- This access level is assigned to a local variable within the script
- Then If/ElseIf statements are used to compare this variable to see which find to use.
My problem is, when I run this script it has a 3-4second lag time for the variable to be assigned.
Also to note, this information is in a separate database.
- Is there a faster way to improve this performance?
- Is there a better way of doing this?