1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 24, 2010 9:01 PM by MikhailEdoshin

Setting a fixed body part size

CecileKlenke

Title

Setting a fixed body part size

I'm new to filemake, and I've got my database and layouts working well, but I have just one problem ...

I am trying to create an invoice report for printing on a pre-printed form.  This means I need the Totals to stay at the same spot (in the bottom right-hand corner) of the printed form, the header information to stay the same spot at the top of the printed form and the body therefore is always the same height - it just gets filled with however man line items there are and once there gets to be too many, it should start a new page.

My problem is that I cannot figure out how to get this to work.  If I make the body part bigger, then each row is that height and there doesn't seem to be any setting for to alway position a part at the page bottom.

I hope that make sense and that someone has an answer - I'm sure its something simple that I've overlooked.

Thanks,

Cec

• 1. Re: Setting a fixed body part size
          MikhailEdoshin

The Body part repeats for every record, and while the part's size can be fixed, the total space it takes will grow or shrink depending on how many records are in the found set. What you're looking for are header and footer parts: they stick to top or bottom. To add a new part to the layout use the Insert - Part or Layouts - Part Setup or drag a new part from the toolbar.