5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2012 6:56 AM by filemakerbasic

Setting a tab order to a tab button

filemakerbasic

Title

Setting a tab order to a tab button

Hi, 

So I am currently havng trouble when setting my tab order within the database I created. I am building a database for a school daycare that includes all the children's info, as well as the info of their parents. 

As you can see in the attached screenshot, I have divided the section where I enter the info of the mother and the info of the father in to separate tabs within the database.

MY ISSUE:

When setting a tab ordder/sequence, is there a way of programming the order to include the actual tab in my database? Meaning, once I finish entering all the info of a child's mother, hitting the tab key will bring me to the section reserved for the father's info so that I can enter his info (which is identical to the mother tab, but obviously with different information being entered).

If anyone can help me with this I would really apprecuate it, I need this new database up and running very very very soon and it is the last thing i have to do. If you need clarification, feel free to ask, and I will clear up anything.

Thanks.

PS: I have to enter the information for over 400 children, so I would really hate having to use my mouse more than I have to!

Screen_Shot_2012-08-07_at_6.38.50_PM.png