1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2009 7:17 AM by mrvodka

Setting account priviliges and privilege sets with multiple files

hehazelhorst

Title

Setting account priviliges and privilege sets with multiple files

I am designing a database that has several modules. To be as flexible as possible, I want to separate the data tables into one file (the 'datafile'), and use one or more other files ('interface files' ) for building the application with relations, scripts and layouts (I can easily swap in a new version of the application without having to re-import the data, so this makes sense, I guess).

Now, the accounts that I set up in the datafile are limiting access to the data, no matter which interface they use. This is fine, but I also need to restrict access to scripts and layout, because I do not want users to change the application.

Do I need to set up every user in every interface file and  attach a privilege set to them that limits their access?

Or is there a way to copy or synchronise the accounts over multiple physical files?

Does FileMaker Pro Server use a centralized user directory in one way or another?

I use FileMaker Pro 9v03 and FileMaker 10.0, on both MacOSX 10.6 and Windows XP.