1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 28, 2013 7:16 AM by philmodjunk

setting initial window on Start up

robyne

Title

setting initial window on Start up

Using FM12

I've recently added an opening script that sends user to differnet windows on start up, depending on what type of computer they are using (desktop vs. ipad) and what security level they are(managers vs. staff).  There is a brief moment where FM is loading that the start up window is the the managers window and it doesn't change until the start up script is triggered.  How can I change this?  I suspect that FM is "remembering" my main window before I uploaded it to the server but frankly, I don't understand the point of the "onopenwindow" script if the program will go somewhere I don't want it to go before opening to the correct screen.

FYI, I've tried incorporating a "white screen" at the open & close on a local version of our database BUT this doesn't fix the problem either.  White screen shows up first, then the last opened main screen, then the correct main screen.

• 1. Re: setting initial window on Start up
          philmodjunk

FileMaker should be "flashing" the last layout selected before the file was last closed on a local copy of the Database file. This is not desirable, but I get the same "flash" here in FileMaker 12. Take the file down off the server and open it with FileMaker pro. Navigate to the window you want as the last layout open. (I use a blank screen the same color as my initial screens to make this all but unnoticeable.) Make sure that you have removed any scripts steps from an OnLastWIndow close script that changes to a different layout. Close your file and put it back up on the server.

See if you now have an acceptable result when clients open the hosted database.