AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting layout with variable?

Question asked by JackAragon on Oct 14, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2014 by JackAragon

Title

Setting layout with variable?

Hello again.

I have multiple PO layouts with corresponding price layouts. Every PO layout has a "pricelistName" field that contains the name of the price list layout. I'm setting up a script to go from the portal on the PO layout to the related record on the price list (to make any changes to that record).

1. I'm not allowing changes in the portal to lessen the chance of accidentally changing the price of something.

2. I'm using a script instead of the standard "Go To Related Record" because I have a "Back" button in the price lists so the user can go right back to the PO they were working on.

The script sets a global variable containing the layout and the back button sends you back to it. But I would also like to grab the "pricelistName" value using the

What I have:

Set Variable [$$tableName; Value:Get (LayoutName)]

Set Variable [$priceList; Value:Gator Cases PO::pricelistName]

Go to Related Record [From table: "Gator Cases pricing"; Using layout: "Gator Cases pricing" (Gator Cases pricing)]

I would like to replace the "Gator Cases PO" to the value from $$tableName and the "Gator Cases pricing" to $priceList so I can have one script instead of a bunch.

I tried:

Set Variable [$priceList;Value:$$tableName::pricelistName]

and got an error; presumably because I don't have the variable formatted correctly or because you just can't do that kind of thing.

It's also entirely possible I'm over-thinking this.

If this has been covered elsewhere, I cannot find it. Feel free to send me a link or tell me what to search for.

Thanks in advance.

-Ian

Outcomes