1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 23, 2011 5:22 PM by LaRetta_1

Setting the fill color for a data entry field when the field is active

raydubois

Title

Setting the fill color for a data entry field when the field is active

Hello

I want to change the fill color of a field on a form when the user enters that field to show the field is active. How can I do this? I'm using FileMaker Pro 11 standard edition.

On my form the fill color is set to transparent. When the user enters a field for data entry I want the fill color for that field to change blue and the text to change to white to show the cursor is in that field.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Setting the fill color for a data entry field when the field is active
          LaRetta_1

Select the fields and make the background blue.  Set the text to white.   Then add conditional format to the fields (you can add it to all the fields at once).  Formula is 1.  Set the text to black and the background to light grey (or what your standard default colors are when the fields are NOT currently selected).

Since conditional format on a field can only happen when you are not in the field, you need to apply reverse thinking, i.e. the format does not apply when you are in the field (blue with white text) but does apply when you aren't (grey with black text) .

Instead of transparent, set the conditional background color to your regular background instead.