Setting up a portal
I'm still pretty new to FM, so forgive me for this really basic question, but I'm having difficulty figuring out how to create a portal.
Here are the basic steps I've been following:
1) I create 2 new tables in the database, TEST1 and TEST2
2) I create a field in TEST1 called "firstname" and another field in TEST2 called "FirstName".
3) I create a relationship between the two tables, linking those two fields together.
4) In my TEST1 layout, I have an edit box for entering content for the firstname field.
5) In my TEST2 layout, I create a portal containing the field "firstname" from table TEST1.
After creating new records on the TEST1 layout and entering firstname information, nothing is displayed in the portal in my TEST2 layout. I'm sure I'm making some really dumb mistake, but I'm not sure what that might be. Can anyone help me out?