AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting up FM Pro 12 on LAN and accessing remotely

Question asked by DougF on Mar 19, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2014 by DougF

Title

Setting up FM Pro 12 on LAN and accessing remotely

I have managed to set up a Mac Pro in our office to act as a server for our FM database, everything seemed fine until this morning. (we are using windows laptops but have had no issues except for one guy who can't see the FM files)

I should state that I'm no IT guy but have manged to learn a few things along the way.

A few days ago I was able to access the database after setting up port forwarding (5003) on the router and all is fine on the local network. I had also managed to access the database remotely on other networks through some advice, trial and error and dogged determination, I thought setting up an account with no-ip.com would work using the Dynamics DNS, everything was fine until this morning, while on another network I tried accessing via Favorite Hosts but no files were displayed when highlighting the usual IP address in the Open Remote File window. I looked up the router setting and saw that the Dynamics DNS had changed, I guess being dynamic it will change periodically?

Can anyone tell me how I can access remotely and what I have to set up? Am I missing something simple here, should I be able to access remotely via the same way we can on the local network?

Would appreciate some quick responses if possible.

Thanks,

Doug

Outcomes