3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2013 4:20 PM by philmodjunk

share info from one table across multiple tables

VietLuu

Title

share info from one table across multiple tables

Is it possible to have the same portal into one table in multiple layouts which have different tables?  When I tried to create a relationship from one table to two tables, it gives me a message: The cannot be more than one realtional path between any two tables in the graph.  Another ocurrence of one of the tables must be added to the graph" and it makes a copy of one of the tables to link.  But when I create the portal, the info doesn't come through.

• 1. Re: share info from one table across multiple tables
          philmodjunk

You need to specify the new occurrence of the table instead of the original.

Example:

TableA------<TableB>-------TableC

Let's say you want to add a portal to TableC on TableA using a new relationship. You drag from TableA to TableC and say "yes" to the new occurrence of TableC

TableC 2>----TableA----Tableb-----TableC

You can now add a portal to TableC 2 and it will show the records as determined by the relationship between TableA and TableC 2 and any portal filters you add to that portal.

• 2. Re: share info from one table across multiple tables
            VietLuu

Thanks for the response.  To give more info, I have fields from a "Bid_Ingest" table that I want a portal to from a layout in my "Shot Record" table.  The "Bid_Ingest" is already linked to a "Workshop Summary" table.  So I created another occurrence creating a link from "Shot Reocds" to "Bid_Ingest 2".  I've created a portal in my Shot Records layout to the Bid_Ingest table.  Once I created the other occurrence, I see the fields show up in portal, but no info is in there.  What am I missing?

• 3. Re: share info from one table across multiple tables
              philmodjunk

I've created a portal in my Shot Records layout to the Bid_Ingest table.

This should be a portal to Bid_Ingest 2, not Bid_Ingest.

And make sure that any fields placed in this portal are selected from Bid_Ingest 2, not Bid_Ingest.