5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 3:28 AM by FrankDaske

SharePoint

MichaelAlex

Title

SharePoint

Is it possible to post a free standing FileMaker program on Sharepoint (WSS 3.0) and have it run from the site?

• 1. Re: SharePoint
          TSGal

MichaelAlex:

I'm not familiar with Sharepoint, but you can put FileMaker Pro on any server and host database files.  Users can then launch their own copies of FileMaker Pro and access those files via "Open Remote".  If more than ten people are going to simultaneously access a file, you may want to consider FileMaker Server.

Anybody have experience with Sharepoint?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: SharePoint
            MichaelAlex

Sharepoint is basically a website near as I can tell (have not played around in it enough yet to really know for sure). You can store files in it, but not sure if I could put a Filmmaker one in or not. I am trying to introduce Filmmaker to the company I work for and if I can introduce some really top notch standalone's, I may be able to get somewhere. My real problem right now is that I run too much data with no real database solutions. Does not help when I have worked mainly in Filmmaker for years, but now work for a company that does not use it. Should just look for a job somewhere that does use Filmmaker:smileywink:

Anyway, if possible to put a standalone in the site, may just be the break I need...

• 3. Re: SharePoint
              TSGal

MichaelAlex:

Thank you for the clarification.

On the web site, FileMaker Pro (or FileMaker Server) needs to be running in order the share the file.

If Sharepoint is a personal web site, you can store your file up there, and use it to launch FileMaker Pro on your local machine.  Make sure the web site has full read/write access.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: SharePoint
                MichaelAlex

I will try and upload a file to the site, not sure if it will work or not, but will see what happens. May be interesting...

Thanks much!

• 5. Re: SharePoint
                  FrankDaske

Best to integrate the FileMaker database or query with SharePoint as shown here:

http://www.layer2.de/en/community/FAQs/cloud-connector/Pages/Filemaker-Integration-Office-365-SharePoint.aspx

This works for SharePoint on-premise and in the cloud.

Thanks, Frank