AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sharing help

Question asked by RachelSimpson on Oct 17, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Sharing help

I am supposed to be setting up a database for our church youth group that I design and can be acessed by a few other leaders in other states (not networked together). 

I called FileMaker customer service and asked about internet sharing and the person assured me that we could set up one computer as the server and the other people could access it and do everything they needed to do. So we went ahead and did that, bought a computer, got the internet connection set up, etc after many hiccups I have come to realize that I as the database designer do not have designer kind of functionality remotely. (sure it would have been ideal to have the server where I am, but that was not possible.)

I called FileMaker again and this guy said if I had a copy of filemaker I could have full access to the database. But it looks like we have to be on the same network to do that, and we're not. 

Does anyone know of another way for us to have one database that I can create and manage, while a few others can log on and do entry type work?

Like I said it has taken a few weeks to get us to this point and now we have less than 3 weeks before our first event that is supposed to be supported by this database.

We're running out of time and I don't know what to do. HELP!

Outcomes