5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2009 1:40 PM by TSGal

Sharing IWP disappeared on FMPA

carlz_1

Title

Sharing IWP disappeared on FMPA

I am running FMPA 10.  I recently (today) upgraded from FM Server 10 to FM Server Advanced 10.

I working on a program, I wanted to enable IWP for it.  I cannot.

Under sharing there is only Filemaker Network. No IWP or anything else.

I have all of the functionality of FMPA including Data Viewer and Script Debugger, but no IWP.

Thanks for any insight.

• 1. Re: Sharing IWP disappeared on FMPA
          TSGal

carlz:

Thank you for your post.

If you have FileMaker Pro Advanced and Filemaker Server is installed on the same machine, you will not be able to turn on Instant Web Publishing with FileMaker Pro Advanced.  You will need to move the file and FileMaker Pro Advanced to another computer, set the database file for Instant Web Publishing, and then copy it to the FileMaker Server computer.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Sharing IWP disappeared on FMPA
            carlz_1

Thank you for the response.  I have FM Server Advanced on my Server but that is a completely separate machine, a Server downstairs as opposed to my FM Pro Advanced 10 on my Dell PC.

Can I uninstall FM Pro Advanced and then reinstall FM Pro Advanced from either the original download on my PC or get a free trial and then insert my current license into the License field?  

Somethin went wrong with one of the 2 updates that were sent and I believe that is what caused the issue somowhere.

• 3. Re: Sharing IWP disappeared on FMPA
              TSGal

carlz:

Yes, you can reinstall FileMaker Pro Advanced from the original download and use that license key on your Dell PC.  When FileMaker Pro Advanced launches, it looks for the same license key active on the network, so as long as the one on the server is not running, you will be able to launch it on your Dell PC.  Once you set the file to Instant Web Publishing, then you can copy it to the Server where FileMaker Server Advanced is installed.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Sharing IWP disappeared on FMPA
                carlz_1

Thank you.  I am not sure I know where my original is.  In December 08 I bought FM Pro Advanced 9, a month later FM 10 came out and I upgraded to FM PRo Advanced 10, since then I bought 10 copies of FM Pro and one copy of FM Server, then I upgraded that to FM Server advanced.

I probably do not need IWP on FM Pro Advanced since I now have FM Server Advanced.  I just want to make sure I don't run into any issues.

Thank you.

• 5. Re: Sharing IWP disappeared on FMPA
                  TSGal

carlz:

I have found your license information and I have sent it to you via private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.