4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2013 9:48 AM by philmodjunk

Show all days worked on flyer

mikedorn

Title

Show all days worked on flyer

My contacts work in booths on friday, saturday, or sunday or any combination of thes days. In my yearly flyer I need to show the booth and the day or days they worked in that booth.

How do I show multiple days on the flyer?

Do I use a relationship between booths and contacts or a looping script to build a field that collects the days worked?

Typical fields are: FN, LN, Booth, Booth Day Name. Tables are: Booth and Contacts related by Booth ID.

Thanks for assistance,

• 1. Re: Show all days worked on flyer
          philmodjunk

Sounds like you need a third related table for logging the days worked.

Is this a new database or are you trying to get this to work for existing data?

If this is from existing data, how did you record instances where a single contact worked more than one day?

• 2. Re: Show all days worked on flyer
            mikedorn

I started this from the "Events" starter solution in FMPA 11. The tables were close enough to allow me to make it work,

The tables are Registration, Contacts, Booths. 

There is a portal that gets its data from the Registration Contact ID table, Booths days info is stored here.

• 3. Re: Show all days worked on flyer
              mikedorn

I made an error, the starter solution I started from is the "Registration" starter solution in FMPA 11. The tables were close enough to allow me to make it work,

The tables are Registration, Contacts, Booths. 

There is a portal that gets its data from the Registration Contact ID table, Booths days info is stored here.

• 4. Re: Show all days worked on flyer
                philmodjunk

This does not change my suggestion that you add a one record for each time a given contact works in a given booth.

If this is your basic relationship:

Contacts----<Registration>-----Booths

you can either add a date field in Registration and create one registration record for each time a contact will work in a booth or you can link a third table to Registration by __pkRegistrationID (An auto-entered serial number to uniquely identify each record in registration) to use for that purpose.