1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2015 11:19 AM by philmodjunk

Show All from Table 1 and related values from table 2

andrewcs

Title

Show All from Table 1 and related values from table 2

Greetings All. This has me stumped please help! I apologize if I have missed a thread that covers this.

Desired Output:

• A portal view that shows everyone who belongs to a specific group (TO "Assignment Call Priority") along with a count of the number of "Calls" (work assignments) for a particular day using a calculated field st to Get(RecordNumber) in TO "Assignment Session".
      •      
      • You will see on the screen shot - I have this but...

Issue

• Once a person has a record created for them in the "Assignment Session" TO they fall of of the portal when the user moves to the next "Assignment Session"

If I was doing SQL I would write an outer join. How can I get to the same result with FMP? Thanks All!

Capture_2015_01_19_141.PNG

• 1. Re: Show All from Table 1 and related values from table 2
          philmodjunk

I doubt that Get ( RecordNumber ) is the correct function to use here. It reports the current position of a record in a found set or in a portal, that's not always going to represent the number of "calls" for a given person.

So if your portal is to Assignment Call Priority, on which table occurrence (box in your relationship graph) is your layout based?

I don't yet see how creating a record in assignment session will affect what records appear in this portal...