4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2013 2:17 PM by MarkMurphy

Show all portal records in list view

mgxdigital

Title

Show all portal records in list view

Hello!

I have a portal on a form view layout that shows different line items on a purchase order.

Is there any way to view my purchase orders in list view with each portal line showing up on the list?

• 1. Re: Show all portal records in list view
          JoshO.

Set your view to list view, the portal will show on each record.

You just may need to resize the layout smaller so you can see the other records on the screen.

• 2. Re: Show all portal records in list view
            mgxdigital

Let me phrase this a bit differently.

I have a purchase order layout with an purchase order number on it.

Each purchase order has mupltiple line items that are related to the purchase order throught the purchase order number.

I want a list view layout based on the purchase order where i can searched for the prucahse order number and any of the related portal rows to show up.

If i change my portal to just one 1, then only one line of my portal rows show up.

I want it to look like a list view, not a portal.

• 3. Re: Show all portal records in list view
              philmodjunk

What jmormond posted should do exactly what you describe. Don't change your portal, just change your view. To see more than one invoice at a time you would reduce overall size of your layout by editing the other parts of your layout, but leave your portal unchanged.

Another option is to set up a summary report based on your portal's table with fields such as your purchase order number placed in a sub-summary part. This is a layout where you can search by PO number if you wish.

Here's a link to a simple tutorial on setting up summary reports that you may find useful:

Creating Filemaker Pro summary reports--Tutorial

• 4. Re: Show all portal records in list view
                MarkMurphy

I have a similar DB: but like Robin, only the 1st line of the portal shows in the "list:" view. (Robin indicates: "Is there any way to view my purchase orders in list view with each portal line showing up on the list?")

Only the 1st line of the portal table shows up in list view. I would like to use list view to maximize space on the report for the records. I see lots of information about creating a layout based on the portal itself. While this may work well in certain situations - an invoice for example - 1 per page. I've created a "Job Manager" DB where there may be 150 active jobs and I would like to be able to print 10 or so jobs on an 11 x 17 formatted list view report.