9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2012 10:01 AM by RedzwanLatif

Show all records in a portal

RedzwanLatif

Title

Show all records in a portal

Hi. I got three tables called Patient, PatientCheckInOut and Clinical. Firstly patient will enter their information in the Patient table. Then a script will be trigered to add a new Check In record in the PatientCheckInOut table. Then doctors will see a list of patients waiting = (Table = PatientCheckInOut) . After that, doctor will click a button to go to the related record in Clinical table layout. The question is how to display a list of all waiting patient in the Clinical table layout ? How to show all records of the PatientCheckInOut table in a portal ?

Thanks in advance :)

• 1. Re: Show all records in a portal
          philmodjunk

How to show all records of the PatientCheckInOut table in a portal

Use a relationship based on X instead of the default = for the relationship used by your portal. (You can double click a relationship line to open a dialog where you can change the operator as well as specify other details for a given relatioship.)

• 2. Re: Show all records in a portal
            RedzwanLatif

I've done this but the portal just shows the wrong record. Even the patient check status is "Checked-In" in the PatientCheckInOut table, the porta which I put the 'x' relationship shows that the patient is "Called-in". 

Thanks in advance

• 3. Re: Show all records in a portal
              philmodjunk

IF the portal is intended to show all records in the table, how can it possibly show the "wrong" record? (That's what you get with the X operator.)

If you only want the portal to show certain records, then you must either use a different operator or a portal filter (or both) to display the records you want to see in the portal.

Exactly what do you expect to see in the portal? Do you need to see multiple records or just one record/ (You describe this in your last post as though the portal displays a single record.) Which Records?

• 4. Re: Show all records in a portal
                RedzwanLatif

Okay. I'll detail the question. I'm having a problem to show all records form the other tables. I got three tables consist of Patient, PatientCheckInOut and Patient Clinical. Now in the Patient Clinical table, I need to display all records from PatientCheckInOut table. The fields in the portal consist of Patient::Name and PatientCheckInOut::Check Status. I've related the table Patient Clinical and PatientCheckInOut with 'x' relationship. The field "check status" shows correctly, but the field name are showing false records. For example, I got three patients with different check status. But in the portal, it shows the same patient and different check status. How can I solve this?

• 5. Re: Show all records in a portal
                  philmodjunk

Now in the Patient Clinical table, I need to display all records from PatientCheckInOut table

That would be the Patient Clinical Layout... based on teh Pateint Clinical table. I'm not being picky just to be difficult, this is an important distinction to keep in mind as you can have many different layouts that are all based on the same table.

PatientClinical::anyField X PatientCheckInOut::anyfield

will list all records from PatientCheckInOut in a portal on a layout based on PatientClinical.

I got three patients with different check status. But in the portal, it shows the same patient and different check status. How can I solve this?

Since you have three tables, you need more than just the above relationship. Am I correct that the patient name field is a field defined in the Patient table? Since it is not a field in either of the above two tables, you need a relationship between PatientCheckInOut and Patient that looks like this:

PatientCheckInOut::_fkPatientID = Patient::__pkPatientID

where __pkPatientID is an auto-entered serial number.

You may need to create a new occurrence of the Patient table in order to set up this relationship.

• 6. Re: Show all records in a portal
                    RedzwanLatif

Yes, I've already done the procedure you stated. But it's not working. I've attached a picture of my relationship.

• 7. Re: Show all records in a portal
                      RedzwanLatif

This is my portal display :

• 8. Re: Show all records in a portal
                        philmodjunk

You need this:

PatientCheckInOut 2::_fkPatientID = Patient 2::__pkPatientID

And the name field added to your portal row must be taken from Patient 2, not Patient.

• 9. Re: Show all records in a portal
                          RedzwanLatif

Thank you very much :D. I really appreciate your help. It's working. :D