7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2012 6:19 AM by JorgeFernandez

Show all records on Portal

JorgeFernandez

Title

Show all records on Portal

Hi, everyone!

My question today is, how can I create or configure a portal that show all records and not only related records?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Show all records on Portal
          LaRetta_1

Join any two fields between your main table and the portal table.  The fields do not have to match ... any fields can be used except summary or container.  Join them using the Cartesian product operator which is the 'X' (last connector in the pop-up).  :-)

• 2. Re: Show all records on Portal
            JorgeFernandez

I'll try in the morning, Thanks!

• 3. Re: Show all records on Portal
              JorgeFernandez

Ok, I think I should extend the general idea...

I created a layout to search for records.

What I did is create a new "search table" with a global field related with the "name field" to search in the "original table", created a layout based on "search table"  and using a value list based on "name field" on the "original table" and auto-complete box-drop, made a search engine.

I would like to create a list of all records to be able to search in both ways: click on a list or using the "search enigine"

I tried to create 2 relationships even using a "original table2" box to relate and using it for a portal.

Is it possible?? Or what should I do??

Tnahks for reading!!

• 4. Re: Show all records on Portal
                philmodjunk

I tried to create 2 relationships even using a "original table2" box to relate and using it for a portal.

That's the correct approach for defining different relationships between the same two tables.

Let's say you call your two tables: Search and Destination.

You might have these relationships:

Search::GlobalName = Destination::Name

Search::anyField X Destination 2::anyField

You'd use the upper relationship with Go To Related Records (I believe you've posted about that previously) to go to the record for a name selected in the drop down list--a format you'd specify for GlobalName.

You'd use the lower relationship for the portal listing all records and you can set up the field or fields in the portal row as a button that performs this script:

Set field [Search::GlobalName ; Destination 2::Name]
                     Commit Records
                     Go To Related Records [...

You might be interested in the "Search portals" used in this demo file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pm1gdqcfi2ndpv/EnhancedValueSelection.fp7

• 5. Re: Show all records on Portal
                  JorgeFernandez

Thanks!!

That was very clear, but why if I have in a layout the search and the portal, the portal show the record loaded on the search and repeats the number of times the total records I have, instead of showing every record? As if it were using both relations at the same time.

Thanks again

• 6. Re: Show all records on Portal
                    philmodjunk

It sounds like the fields in the  portal row are from the layout's table occurrence instead of the portal's.

• 7. Re: Show all records on Portal
                      JorgeFernandez

Thanks!!

I was breaking my head