3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2009 6:16 AM by LaRetta_1

Show current date's records in a portal

Invectus

Title

Show current date's records in a portal

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create a portal that will display records whose event dates match the current date or nothing if no records available.

Can anyone help me to sort this out. 

Thanks a lot 

• 1. Re: Show current date's records in a portal
          LaRetta_1

Create a calculation (result is date) in your main table with:  Get ( CurrentDate ).  Be sure to make the calculation unstored in Options.

Join this calculation to your child table on the date field using =.  Place  your child portal on your main layout.

• 2. Re: Show current date's records in a portal
            Invectus

Hi there,

I can figure everything out up to that point.

I called my calculation field : "today" and the field containing the date is called "service_date"

This is my algorigtm:

if today=Get(CurrentDate); today=service_date

else, nothing

I did create a join between today and service_date; but how to make it all work inside a portal remains my question

Any though? 

• 3. Re: Show current date's records in a portal
              LaRetta_1

Invectus wrote:
              I called my calculation field : "today" and the field containing the date is called "service_date"

This is my algorigtm:

if today=Get(CurrentDate); today=service_date

else, nothing

No, the calculation called Today should only have:  Get ( CurrentDate ) in it and it should be unstored.  This calculation will always show only the current date.

The relationship from today to service_date alone will determine which records appear in your service portal and only those service records that have exact same date (=) will appear.  This is method used to filter relationships (portals).