Ok should close it. Anychance your script is in a loop that redisplays the dialog when you click OK?
No there is no loop.
However it also started behaving correctly as soon as I went to some additional testing.
FM obviously knew you were on the job... :)
Two possible issues to look at:
- Make sure that there is no script trigger being tripped by your script that was producing the loop. Depending on any you may have set, go to layout, go to field, go to record/request/page and Commit records can all trip script triggers you may have in place.
- Check to see if your file may be damaged. Run a recover and see what is reported if you can't find an explanation for the problem you were observing here.
Things to keep in mind about Recover:
While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...
- The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
- Recover does not detect all problems
- Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
- Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.
And here's a knowledgebase article that you may find useful: What to do when your file is corrupt (KB5421).