AnsweredAssumed Answered

Show day names using script and value lists

Question asked by chant50 on Oct 25, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2009 by chant50

Title

Show day names using script and value lists

Hi everyone! First time posting and I'm a newbie to forums and Filemaker Pro 10. I've used FM Pro 8.5 but not very well I'm afraid. I'm using Windows XP, FM Pro Advanced 10.03 and as much grey matter as I can muster!

Here's my question:

I have (or want to have) 14/15 fields named something like Day1, Day2, Day3, and so on. I want to have a drop down list with the months listed by either name (january, February, February) or number (Jan = 1, Feb = 2, and so on) and a drop down list with the years (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and so on). These will be 2 different lists and I can create them. When I select say Jan 2010 I would like the first Day1 field to show the first Monday, Wednesday, or Friday [as TEXT not as a number] of that month whichever it happens to be (as "M", "W", "F", if possible) Then if the first field shows Monday the next would show Wednesday then the next would show Friday. The fourth field would then show Monday again and so on until all fields needed are filled in.  Checking my calendar shows that the first day (of the 3 I'm interested in) in Jan 2010 is a Friday so my fields would be F....M....W....F....M.....W....F until you run out of days named either Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. Is this even possible? Can anyone help me or show an example so I can expand upon it?

Thanks a lot

Outcomes