1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2010 1:10 PM by philmodjunk

Showing a portal based on the value entered in another field

iwrc

Title

Showing a portal based on the value entered in another field

I have a field set up to define member type (based on selections from a drop down list linked to a value list) for individuals in my database. The member type can be Individual, Family, and Organization. When Organization is entered as the value for this "member type" view, I want the user to be directed to a portal  to my Organizational Membership table, where a record will be created to link their unique personal ID with a unique Organization ID?

Is it possible to run a script to go to the portal when only a certain value is put into the member value field? Or to only show the portal when a certain value is entered?

Thanks for any help, and let me know if any clarification is needed.

Kim

• 1. Re: Showing a portal based on the value entered in another field
          philmodjunk

If you are using FileMaker 10 or 11 you can use script triggers to do this.

If your member type field is formatted as a pop-up or radio button field, you can use OnObjectMOdify. If you use a dropdown list, you can use OnObjectSave or OnObjectExit.

Your script can simply change layouts to reveal the portal, it can be popped up in  floating window or you can hide the portal behind an invisible tab control and your script can use Go To Object to select the tab that reveals the portal to your join table.

If [ YourTable::MembershipType = "Organization" ]
             Go To Layout [//specify layout with portal]
          End If