AnsweredAssumed Answered

Showing related field outside portal

Question asked by Jakedeg on Dec 18, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Showing related field outside portal

There must be a simple way to do this, but I can't figure out how to search for it. 

I have a layout called "Preset Details" showing a record from a table called "Preset List". One of the fields in "Preset List" is a container field with an image of the Preset. 

There is a related table called "Preset Contents" because each preset contains many Channels and the channels are in this table. Each channel also has an image. The list of related channels is displayed in a portal on the "Preset Details" layout.

I am trying to figure out how to set it up so that by default, the layout shows the "Preset Image" container field and displays the image but then if I click into the portal and select a portal row, the "Channel Image" container field from the "Preset Contents" table replaces the Preset Image. 

I was imagining I'd put the "Channel Image" field on top of the "Preset Image" field in the layout and use a hiding condition so it only shows when a portal row is active, but that seems to need a refresh window command to update. Plus, I can't even figure out how to get a field that isn't in the portal to be based on which portal row is selected. How do I make that work?

Outcomes