1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 18, 2010 11:05 AM by philmodjunk

Showing same Person on both layouts, when you go between the layouts with a button

lkmcclendon

Title

Showing same Person on both layouts, when you go between the layouts with a button

I am using Filemaker Pro Advanced 10, I am new to filemaker.  I have two tables, one is members and the other one is donation.  I want to go from the members layout to the donation layout, and have the donation layout show all the records related to the member record in the members layout.  I have it set as a one to many relationship.  I also want to go to the donation layout without going thru the members layout if I want to.  Help, It seems simple, but I haven't been able to get it to work.  What will the script be on the button?

• 1. Re: Showing same Person on both layouts, when you go between the layouts with a button
          philmodjunk

I assume you don't want to use a portal to donations on your members layout? That's one way to see all the donations for the current member record that doesn't require switching layouts.

If you want a script that finds the donation records for the current member record, you can use a script like this:

I'm assuming you have established a relationship linking member records to donations by an auto-entered serial number, MemberID. If not, you should and you shouldn't use names for this link either.

Set Variable [$MemberID ; Value: Members::MemberID ]

Go TO Layout [Donations]

Enter FInd Mode[]

Set field [Donations::MemberID ; $MemberID ]

Set Error Capture [on]

Perform FInd []

Sort [No dialog ; Restore]//Don't have to have this step, but you'll likely have an order for your listed donations that you'll want to see here