AnsweredAssumed Answered

Showing Values of Lists

Question asked by abunce515 on Jun 20, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2014 by abunce515

Title

Showing Values of Lists

I have two questions - I have attached an image to identify them.

Question 1 - This is a portal that I am using to show the values from a table called "FinanceTerms".  It shows the different terms (Conventional, FHA, VA, Contract,...) a home is able to be sold with.  Some homes will have one value, some will have 10.  I have a join table linking "Listings" to "FinanceTerms".

The portal works great for adding and deleting records.  The problem I have with it is the only way I can seem to get it to show the actual term names instead of the primary key is to do a pop up menu.. And I just hate how it looks.  So just looking for your advice on ways that you may have encountered this and overcome it.  I am very much open to suggestions on changes, I just need it to show the value, be able to add a record or delete a record in the join table. 

Question 2 - All of these fields make me pretty happy with how they function.  It is giving me the exact result that I desire.  I am just wanting to know if I am going completely overkill by giving all these tables primary keys... I just don't want to be in the position where I am thinking a year down the road, "shoot, which i would have gave that table a primary key, now I have this mess to fix".  So I like to be organized to have a better understanding.  All of my lists are separate tables with primary keys fields and then a filed for the value.  Is this going to help or hinder me in the long run?

12.jpg

Outcomes