1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2010 12:49 PM by philmodjunk

Shrinking fields within a portal and shrinking portal for printing

BERGSTEN

Title

Shrinking fields within a portal and shrinking portal for printing

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything in the search that was exactly what I'm looking to do.

I have a schedule page with a portal for each event on that particular day. There are several fields in the portal row that I would like to shrink for printing in addition to shrinking the size of the portal row around it so that I can fit as many events on a print page as possible for our field techs.

Is this possible. If successful, it would print the portal rows with information and many of them would be different sizes based on the amount of information in its fields.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Shrinking fields within a portal and shrinking portal for printing
          philmodjunk

While you can shrink the overall portal size to remove unused space you can't shrink individual fields within the portal row.

I recommend a work around:

Create a print layout based on the portal's table. Make this a list view layout and place fields from your parent record in the header. Now the fields you place in the body will shrink/slide up and resize the enclosing part. Since this is a list view layout, it can be used to print any number of portal records.

If you open the starter solution and check out how the Invoice solution prints an invoice. You'll see an example of how this can be done.