Return to FileMaker.com
sign with certificat the .mobileconfig from iPhone or iPad
We are using a mobileconfig file on our website. One for iOS5 and another one for iOS6. This works well.
One thing we want to do is to sign the .mobileconfig with a certificate.
How can this be solved?
What I was doing before i posted my problem here:
1) I created a certificate
--> openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout carhs.de.key -out carhs.de.csr
2) cat carhs.de.csr and put this to comodo | They offer 90 day test certificates for less
3) Unizip the file from comodo
4) creating a pem file --> ( Private Key and Entire Trust Chain)
cat carhs.de.key > carhs_comodo.pem
cat carhs_de.crt >> carhs_comodo.pem
cat ComodoUTNSGCCA.crt >> carhs_comodo.pem
cat AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt >> carhs_comodo.pem
5) I took my working mobileconfig - file and signed this
openssl smime -sign -in SafetyWissen_iOS6.mobileconfig -out signed.SafetyWissen_iOS6.mobileconfig/
-signer comodo/carhs_de.crt -inkey carhs.de.key -certfile carhs_comodo_full_trust_chain.pem
6) I eMailed this to my IPad. An error occurs --> this is no configuration file.
Does anybody have an idea?
Best Regards and thanks in advance - every hint is welcome
Retrieving data ...