7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2009 4:24 PM by ninja

Signature gif logo in email missing

ninja

Title

Signature gif logo in email missing

Howdy all,

I'm trying to get an email feature to work on PC/XP - FMP9 - Outlook.

The emails send fine, but the signature changes (signature is in Outlook).

When I send an email direct from Outlook, the signature text comes through blue (as it should) and a .gif logo also comes through (as it should).

When I send the email to the same address via FMP9, the message comes through, and the signature text comes through...but the text is black (Default I suppose?) and the .gif logo is missing altogether along with the space that it should be taking up (text below the logo has shifted up as though the logo was never there in the first place).

Has anyone encountered this...or more to the point, can anyone suggest how I might address this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 1. Re: Signature gif logo in email missing
          ninja
             Anyone have ideas on this one?  All ideas welcome...
          • 2. Re: Signature gif logo in email missing
            TSGal

Ninja:

I'm trying to get information about the Outlook API, but no luck so far.  It may not be possible.

Do you have any other application that uses the Outlook API to send messages?  If so, does the signature show properly?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Signature gif logo in email missing
              ninja

Thanks TSGal,

No, emails are only sent through Outlook itself or generated by FMP8&9 using Outlook to send.  I don't have any other programs (that I know of) that would send email via Outlook.  I tried to find a program to test by that method, but came up short.  I've never used the MicrosoftWord mailmerge, but will try to figure it out and test it.

Please let me know what you come up with!

• 4. Re: Signature gif logo in email missing
                TSGal

Ninja:

We are using the Outlook API to send information.  We cannot send information to the signature field, as this is stored in Outlook.  Supposedly, we aren't doing anything unconventional.

If I receive any additional information, I'll let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 5. Re: Signature gif logo in email missing
                  ninja

Howdy TSGal,

I don't need to send info from FMP to the signature field.  I need what is already in the Outlook signature field to not change when I use FMP to send emails.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant or not...but when I send via Outlook directly, it's all well and good.  When I send starting from FMP, the signature changes...odd...

Thanks for what help you can come up with.

I note that there is another post regarding embedding images into the email body... for this app, that would be very similar to what I'm trying to do.

• 6. Re: Signature gif logo in email missing
                    TSGal

Ninja:

Sorry for the confusion.  What I was trying to say is that we do not have access to the signature field, as this is stored within Outlook.  We rely on Outlook to attach this to the message.  That is, we send the appropriate information to the API and let Outlook do the rest.  Obviously, this isn't working as expected.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 7. Re: Signature gif logo in email missing
                      ninja

Gotcha,

Please let me know what you come up with...customers often want their logos in the signature of an email...and I can't put it in the body of the email (or can I?) so I'm not sure how to proceed with this...

Thanks for your help!