1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 18, 2012 9:38 AM by philmodjunk

Signature lock

damiendoyle

Title

Signature lock

Hi

Is there a way to lock a layout once a signature has been given on a layout, I want to be able to show that a layout can not be edited one a customer signed it? If there is a way how do I do it? Please be very basic with answers as I am new to FM. Thanks in advanced.

• 1. Re: Signature lock
          philmodjunk

Since a layout can display data for any number of different customers, you wouldn't want to lock a layout. But you can lock a record in that table by capturing a signature in a container field (Using FM Go here perhaps?).

If you have used Manage | Security to set up accounts and passwords for your users, you can set up custom access privileges for Records and use the Limited option to open a calculation dialog where access to a record is permitted only if the calculation evaluates as True. YOu might use:

IsEmpty ( signatureField )

as such a calculation.

See "Editing record access privileges" in FileMaker Help and check out this particular sub section: "Entering a formula for limiting access on a record-by-record basis" for a detailed description of how to set this up.