AnsweredAssumed Answered

Similars By Choice Modification in Contact Mgmt Template

Question asked by sksmith2517 on Apr 7, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2011 by sksmith2517

Title

Similars By Choice Modification in Contact Mgmt Template

I started my GO Servers database from the Contact Management template.I'd like to modify the portal where the similars are listed either by company, city, to include  SERVICES OFFERED. A contact may be willing to provide a vehicle, or transport folks to airports, or tutor, etc.  

So here's what I've done so far:

1) In Field Definitions I added the Services Offered as an option:

Case(
g_Similar_By = "Name";
     k_Similar_NameMultiKey;
g_Similar_By = "Company";
     k_Similar_Company;
g_Similar_By = "City";
     City1;
g_Similar_By = "ServicesOffered";
     k_Similar_ServiceOffered;
"")

2) I see in the Relationships that there is a Similar by Company and also a Similar by Choice relationship.  So I added a Similar by ServiceOffered and linked it to K_Similar_ServiceOffered.

3) Then I investigated the Portal in Layout mode and saw that the Radio Button options show Name, City, Company, so I added my Service Offered as a 4th radio button to that value list.

4) I go into browse to my standard layout and after performing a find for Services Offered, K_Similar_By does indeed show ServicesOffered.

5) In the Related Contacts Tab of the Contact Detail layout I changed the Zip field to be service offered and it shows for all contacts appropriately as I would hope.

Now of course you know that I writing because it doesn't work.

When I do a find for all transporters (13 in found set) and then select the radio button for ServiceOffered - I want to see those 12 related records in the Related Contacts Portal - alas 0 show. All show appropriate data for Name, Company & City, just not the Service Offered - so all original scripts, etc work, just not my modification.

What flaw/s mis-steps, errors have I committed / omitted. Etc.

This is such a cool feature - but I'm just slightly off (ahem).

Thank you for any help you can suggest.

FMPro 10.03

Outcomes