AnsweredAssumed Answered

Simple Find to filter records by selection made from a Popup window

Question asked by JoelCornette on Jan 11, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 12, 2011 by JoelCornette

Title

Simple Find to filter records by selection made from a Popup window

Looking for simple way to have a popup window to "pop up" over a current window and prompt for the user for Find -- the user selects criteria from a previously defined Drop box list. I can perform the process manually with another layout that I switch to, perform a Find, then go back to the previous layout.  Like to see if I can do this with a popup window. 

I have attempted to create a script with New Window for the popup that has a Go to Layout with a single field and represented by a Drop box list on,  Need to enter Find mode on entry, select the value from the list, then push a button to Apply (desire is to have records are found, script quits and closes window and returns to previous window) ... however, when executed it does not work for the Window in the background -- only works for the front window the popup. Using Select Window in the script just moves the window contents to the popup. 

Basically, have a set of records with a field values "Lions, Tigers and Bears" and like to do a popup that helps find only records with say, "Lions" ... where Lions is selected via a List from the popup. 

Thanks ...        

Outcomes