3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2013 3:09 AM by leonaisse

Simple Portal Record Save

leonaisse

Title

Simple Portal Record Save

Hi

I have a portal on my layout that saves the protal fields to a related table. This all works fine but I need to add in an additonal database value using scripting as the record saves. This is fine but i cant seem to figure out the best way to do this. I cant figure out which script trigger fires just before the record commits and i cant seem to add in a hidden field to my portal. Can someone please point me in the correct directiom My portal could have a number of records.

Thanks

Leonaisse

• 1. Re: Simple Portal Record Save
          philmodjunk

You shouldn't need to add a hidden field. The Set Field step can assign data to a field even if it is not present on your layout.

In layout mode, select the portal, not a field in the portal, and try using either OnObjectExit or OnObjectSave to see which trigger works best for you. The first trigger should trip every time you leave a specific portal row, the second should only trip when data in the portal row has been modified.

• 2. Re: Simple Portal Record Save
            leonaisse

Hi PhilModJunk

I tried both triggers and they don't seem to work. I have an external script which contains the set field line and thats it. I've selected the portal to check which trigger works best for me, all the field information is saved but the set field isnt. What am i missing?

Thanks for your help.

Leonaisse

• 3. Re: Simple Portal Record Save
              leonaisse

Hi PhilModJunk

I am a fool. I was using the incorrect shadow table in my Set Field. Sorry for wasting your time.

Leoniasse