2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2015 8:39 AM by philmodjunk

Simple way to execute a "find" within a field

shortstreetamp

Title

Simple way to execute a "find" within a field

Simple way to execute a "find" within a field. I would like to find the date of a previous entry (specific too two fields- location and person) and have it come up in a field. I have tried using Last() and Case() and Let () but am only able to find the date based on one of the two conditions. How do I incorporate multiple parameters to be met into these functions?

• 1. Re: Simple way to execute a "find" within a field
          philmodjunk

You'll need to explain what you want in more detail. How is this a find within a field?

What does your data typically look like?

What result are you attempting to produce?

Ideally, a date should be entered and stored in a field of type date or calculated in a calculation field with a date result type as this allows you to use FileMaker's many date functions as well as be able to treat it as a date for sorts and searches.

• 2. Re: Simple way to execute a "find" within a field
            philmodjunk

You'll need to explain what you want in more detail. How is this a find within a field?

What does your data typically look like?

What result are you attempting to produce?

Ideally, a date should be entered and stored in a field of type date or calculated in a calculation field with a date result type as this allows you to use FileMaker's many date functions as well as be able to treat it as a date for sorts and searches.