3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2014 4:20 PM by FileKraft

Size of scriptparameter and scriptresult

taosolutions

Title

Size of scriptparameter and scriptresult

I am wondering what the max. size of a scriptparameter and of a scriptresult could be.

For me as developer it is very important to know what the limit is.

Has anyone an idea?

• 1. Re: Size of scriptparameter and scriptresult
          taosolutions

Nobody any idea?

Not even an answer of FileMaker inc?????

Come on, somebody at FileMaker inc must know it!

Background: I use scriptparameter and scriptresult a lot. And sometimes the information I transmit with the parameter is long. So before my solutions breaks, I need this information. 

If nobody will answer, I will try out this week end and evaulate it in a loop until it fails....

• 2. Re: Size of scriptparameter and scriptresult
            taosolutions

OK, I have tried it. After 36000 iteration I stopped my loop by hand.

Means a least 36000 characters are possible. That are enough for my purposes.

But I wonder, that nobody was able to tell me. Was I alone with my problem?

• 3. Re: Size of scriptparameter and scriptresult
              FileKraft

in FM13 in the documentation it says 1 Million characters can be passed using Perform Script On Server. I couldn't' find anything regarding 

conventional script calls unfortunately and i am eager to find out. I wish it would be more with the new Base65Decode function i would like to be able to pass encoded images greater then 1 MB as a script parameter.

Hope someone can respond with precise info.

Thanks.

Uli